Monday, February 3, 2014

GABY's CORNER :D

Hello, This is Gaby. I'm one of the assistants here in the office and I just wanted to share my experience with you all about the Damon System :D

First, A little Background about me. I am now 21, I had Braces when I was 14. I had the Traditional braces, after all the pain and uncomfort, I ended up loving them. I had a Love hate relationship. I loved them because they made my teeth straight but I hated them because they HURT so much. I had to have 4 teeth extracted to move on with the Treatment. That wasn't fun either :,( But 2 1/2 Years later.. They came off and I got my retainers :D ... Like any other teenager I wrapped my retainers in a napkin and threw them away, ONLY 6 MONTHS AFTER GETTING THEM!!!! My parents were furious but they got me a new pair. I was braces-less for about 5 Years. At around the 3rd Year I started getting TMJ (temporomandibular joint)symptoms; In which the Jaws don't quit function equally and neither do the muscles that help you chew. It can be very uncomfortable to Open, Chew or even talk. I couldn't take a bite with out hearing the popping on my left side. I didn't think much of it since I had gotten used to it. A year later I started hearing my right side popping and I started getting soreness every morning when I would wake up. I got really bad Headaches I couldn't take it. Fast foward to 2012 I had gotten used to them one more time but then the headaches got worse and worse. I finally decided to look into the Damon System..Here I will track how they are and how my TMJ muscles improve. Stay tuned :D ...
 GABY<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment